So I decided to make this blog, which was once a failing personal journal, into a public means of keeping friends and family updated on my doings (and publicize my political ranting). If you want to read all of the previous posts before this, you can read all about my diet and bloating issues and the weird vivid dreams I had a couple of years ago. So. . . I am in Iowa with Stephanie, and we will be leaving tomorrow to first to Chicago for a couple of days and then to Sedona with her parents. We've been painting a lot around here, walls, tables, shelving units. . . trying to make her new and sterile condo a little more cozy and more like a home. The color scheme for the main room is red, yellow and black. We think it's great.
Roscoe found a bunny nest the other day. He didn't eat them, surprisingly. I don't think he really knew what to do with them. He would pick them up in his mouth, take them out of the next and then drop them on the ground. There was no harm done to them. I put them back in the nest to let the bunny mother do her job, and we'll be keeping Roscoe away from there for a while.
I just volunteered to do a book review for a website that specializes in reviews of education books, well. . . that's all they do, actually. So we'll see if they take me up on my offer. It's an easy first-publish. I also just got my laptop up and running, so I plan on working on my Master's essay so that I can submit it for the Philosophy of Education Society conference next year. Stephanie has been working a couple hours a day on her book, either writing or looking for publishers. She's normally up before I am, so she spends a couple of hours writing in silence until I get up a couple of hours later and start coming up with crazy ideas like painting all of her blinds red.
When we get back from Sedona, I'll have to make a trip to U-C to start looking for housing. The summer is moving quickly. U-C seems to be on top of things. I already have an ID number, an email address, and regular mailings from the department. At Teachers College, I didn't have a clue what was going on with email and registration and the like until the first week of classes. TC is seriously one of the most incompetent bureaucracies I have ever come across. Doing anything there is like trying to get something done at the NYC DMV. I've dealt with California State, Beloit College, the School for International Training, the University of Texas, University of Illinois, and TC. . . and TC ranks the worst as far as institutional competence.
Stephanie and I are off to Iowa City to make some returns. I bought a bottle of probiotics, and its seal was broken. Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment