Four years ago I was denied health insurance due to "history of depression", now I apply for health insurance, and I am denied dues to "history of asthma and allergies with multiple medication and elevated liver function". First off, doesn't it seem odd that people deny you health insurance, because you actually NEED it? It is more Orwellian doublespeak than Orwell. Second, what percentage of the population in this country has asthma and allergies? Probably at least 30%, and anyone who has it takes meds for it. As for the liver thing, they did a biopsy and found that every thing was fine. Just because my liver likes to work harder than every one else's is no reason to deny health insurance.
So I call Iowa State for their we-cover-the-uninsured-program. $300-400 a month! Now, if someone is calling the State for health insurance, because they can't get insurance elsewhere, chances are they won't be able to pay $300-400/month! This county is so fucked up. Take the profit out of healthcare!!!! National Healthcare for all! Read the August 2nd and 3rd posts by me about England's healthcare here:
http://seamusinindia.blogspot.com/
We need a for-profit medical industry like we need another Enron.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment