We went to Madison over the weekend, which was an excellent idea proposed by our friend who lives there. We needed to get out of here. The phone has been ringing nonstop with well-wishers, and, although we love it, it is a lot of communicating for the both of us. We've been trying to plan two celebrations with our parents and some friends, and things just get messier and messier. It seems that the whole purpose of eloping may have flown right out the window. A "hey we should see my parents" has nearly turned into a wedding reception . . . for both. I'm not complaining; I'm just surprised how confusing it all can become, even though we quietly eloped. Anyway, we hopped into the car, drove a couple of hours to Madison, stayed up until 5 AM talking, and good conversation was had by all. I also saw a good friend of mine that I hadn't seen in at least a year who showed up unexpected (to me - my other friend had planned it as such). We found out that he is engaged as well. I'm exhausted, and thus I am not very sharp-witted right now. I apologize for the matter-of-fact form that this post takes.
PS - Our bug light (the yellow bulbs one can buy) attracts more bugs than our white floodlight. The moths don't come near it, but hundreds of these other odd flying insects have arrived in droves. Go figure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment