I have nothing very exciting to report other than our bedroom is now a butter-yellow color. For what might very well be the first time since my wife and I got married, we had time to just lounge around. No place to which to travel, no other commitments we needed to tend to. We spent Thanksgiving at home by ourselves, which was very nice. We then headed to a friend's for some desert and coffee. Not the usual Thanksgiving stresses. The next couple of days we spent playing Go and Backgammon many, many times, watched movies and episodes of The Sopranos and Absolutely Fabulous on DVD, took our dog to an off-leash preserve, and participated in general lounging around the house. We got a bit fidgety and decided in the last coupe of days to finally paint our bedroom something other than white.
I am subbing for another professor this week, and fortunately her class is the same course as mine and is a day behind mine, which means no extra prep. Tomorrow is review in my class and Tuesday is an exam, so I don't even have to prep tonight. These past few days have been sorely needed and exceptionally rejuvenating.
On a final note, I give a huge shout out to my buddy Luke who just successfully defended his doctoral thesis. Congrats, Doctor Luke! You deserve those three letters that follow your name after all that hard work and bullshit.