15 August 2006
I just got done watching the Israeli Prime minister give his speech to the Knesset regarding the ceasefire. The first thing I noticed was the war drum beating, even during a cease-fire. His words were lock-step with Bush, even making mention of the "axis of evil". Although he apologized for the deaths of the Israelis, he offered no apology for the deaths of civilian Lebanese. Following that, more propaganda about how much Israel suffers at the hands of Hezbollah. Oh, the victims! I'm sorry, but it takes two to tango. The Jews have had a pretty rough history, but to use that as a propaganda tool to justify preemptive war and the unnecessary killing of civilians is abhorrent and disgusting. Mr. Olmert, I find it curious that you talk about the value of life, how precious it is, how each one is a world unto itself, but you have no remorse for the killing of Arabs. Your definition of life is anything not Arab. You are a disgrace to the Jewish religion by using its language and philosophy for your own political aims. Any coincidence that Ehud's star interview in America was on Fox News? Israel is besieged by a government of proto-fascists no different than America. At the detriment to their citizenry, these governments have chosen a path I find immoral. I feel the sorrow for the Israeli left, because Ehud is in the same global party as Bush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment