14 August 2006
On another note, I felt somewhat vindicated (but I guess I can't feel vindicated if no one necessarily disagreed with me!) when a colleague of my wife's, who is not a native of this area mentioned with sarcasm in the middle of a complaint one of us was making:"But he's so nice!" It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has spotted this terribly empty axiom of reasoning used by the natives here. Seriously, I'm going to start being the nicest guy around and then start stealing stuff. I'm sure no one will be able to argue that I did anything wrong, because "I'M SO NICE"! Hey, like Stephanie noted: if *everyone* is so nice, the claim that *anyone* is nice becomes empty! Oh, but I shouldn't bring that up, I'm likely to short someone's brain out here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment