The heat index here is currently 107 degrees! Raw temp is 95. India follows me!
I've been looking for jobs, but the labor market out here in Iowa isn't the most energetic. I've applied for an adjunct math position at the community college and as a labor educator for an outreach program through the local University. The latter job would be great, as I have experience and interest in labor organizing and I have a lot of experience and interest in education, so we'll see what happens. Unfortunately, I think jobs like these are often publicly advertised, but they often already have someone in mind through connections in-house. Only a couple of new jobs around there area are posted per week, so competition is stiff, I'm sure. I also applied to three jobs for a teasing agency, but I have yet to hear from them.
I thought now might be a good time to get involved with the IWW agin, so I volunteered to be a delegate.
Not much else going on out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment