Another crappy day hails. Woke up to sleet. Hauled my ass across town for an hour and a half only to find that there were no seats at the library. That's right. It took me at least 1.5 hours to get to campus because the city decided to close the four train stops before and after campus the weekend before finals. Glad to know they're thinking over there. Also it's a good thing to know I pay so much money to go to a school that doesn't have enough library space *during finals*. So I trekked out in the crappy weather to another library on campus. I found a seat, but the outlet wouldn't work for my iBook power adapter. Then I trekked through snow mounds to the other side of campus to try a third library only to find that they had gated off the street exit to get to that library. I decided to give up and just go home. So I went to take the bus . . . which ended up being 15 minutes late . . . then stopped to change drivers. I left at about 12:30 this afternoon, and it is now 4:00. I should have already done about 3 hours of work. Instead I haven't even had the chance to start. It could be worse, I know. But it's still a pain in the ass.
Everyone in this city is on edge. Must be the season. People getting in to fights on the subway, gang fights on my street, people intentionally shoving others. Lots of aggression. Must be the social pressure to buy expensive gifts, to whore themselves to the advertising industry, while they can barely make rent or buy food. I'm not Christian, but I still say it's disgusting how a day which was intended to celebrate the birth of one of the greatest spiritual and moral teachers of all time has been turned into an excuse to stimulate the economy. Seriously, what would Jesus say about all this? He'd probably walk into the largest supermarket and toss it all to the floor, just as he did in the temple.
Anyway, I have three papers due in the next 48 hours. Time to get started.