I had a bad case of insomnia last night. Got to sleep around 4 AM. Fortunately, I didn't have to start work today until 1 PM (although I nonetheless had to work until 8).
I got an e-mail today from the university I from which I deferred last academic year, because funding was tenuous. Now I'm super confused. I have the possibility of getting funding to finish my PhD in Philosophy of Education, I've been thinking about going back and getting me PhD in Mathematical Physics, which would be fully funded at the local university (and would also give me more employment opportunities), and also facing the possibility of getting a full-time job offer after 9 months of applications, making almost as much as a starting professor (depending on their offer). I had nothing for months and months, and now I'm faced with three possibilities, all mutually exclusive. Crap-ola. I'm luckier than many; so don't get me wrong about my indecision. I just wish I had an easier decision; each option has equivalent reasons for and against, and I have no idea how to eliminate even one option. I'm very tired right, now, though, so I'm going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment