17 January 2006

My favorite beer of all time is Deschutes Brewery's Black Butte Porter. Unfortunately, it's hard to find east of Colorado. One year (obviously before 9/11) I brought a case on the plane back to Chicago as a X-mas gift to my sister, who was a huge fan. I have since longed to find a Porter that I liked, never really finding anything. . . until recently. I was in my local grocery and decided to try Sleeman Porter.


This is the best porter I've had. I'm no beer connoisseur, so don't expect me to talk about its smell and what hints of what are where. Sleeman Porter has become the staple beer in my fridge. I know it might sound like I'm getting some compensation from them, but I'm not. I'm just excited to have finally found a porter I like since losing access to Black Butte.

No comments: